Rockingham Holden had almost zero local search presence even though you can’t miss it when you physically drive through the area! Furthermore when you looked on Google Maps or did a Google search for terms like “car dealer Rockingham”, they didn’t appear until page 3. Their own website was built on a template mandated by Holden itself which has limited flexibility for a successful SEO campaign.
Compounding the problem was an unfocused social media strategy. Once again, what the dealership could do within its social media pages was tightly governed by the Holden’s corporate policies. However, Rockingham Holden knew it wasn’t performing as well as it should be and asked Mash Media to create a strategy to lift their presence online.
To address the SEO aspects of the Rockingham Holden’s situation, the team developed a powerful and straightforward methodology based on completing our 3 step system that defines the problems and resources available, communicates our recommendations and then begins taking the necessary actions to deliver measurable SEO results.
The local SEO campaign strategy recommended the following:
- Update the local widgets on the website
- Content updates to improve local search relevant for main pages
- Add JSON LD script on the homepage to strengthen the local and general information about the dealership
- Google My Business listing optimised and weekly posts
- Customer review strategy
- Local citation audit and update to keep local information consistent
- Local citation generation to increase the online presence of the website on authoritative local listings and directories
- SEO technical audit and recommendations
- Technical audit recommendations implemented
- Page titles and HTML headers optimised
- Site navigation updates
- Internal linking recommendations implementated
- Content audit and recommendations
- New copy for important pages to enhance relevancy & increase rankings
- A Facebook Page audit & competitor analysis
- A comprehensive organic content & engagement strategy
- A paid ad campaign to grow reach and increase sales
After 3 months, the SEO campaigns dramatically improved Rockingham Holden’s local visibility & despite the website’s restriction, Rockingham Holden gained improvements in organic website traffic, online enquiries and overall conversions rates improved.
From its former position buried on page 3, Rockingham Holden now dominates the Google local 3 pack results – holding position #1 for a wide range of local searches
On the social side, Rockingham Holden is now enjoying their Social Media growth, building a solid community and improving sales. One of the key goals was to prompt specific sales such as their famous 4 day EOFY sale. To do this it needed social media management that could access Holden’s marketing systems and track sales through the ClickFunnels platform. This would allow Mash to trace a customer’s path from online search to the dealership door. To be effective, Mash learned all the client’s systems, (including CRM and the proprietary Holden Dealer Marketing Toolbox platform), the corporate press kit, pre-marketing approval (PMA) processes and more. The social media plan we created carefully deployed the client’s budget for maximum impact and included the roll out 46 Facebook paid campaigns to support ongoing promotions.